As you know Valentine's Day is around the corner; chocolates, Teddy bears, cards, roses, anything and everything to do with the colour red is about to flood our timelines hehehehe.
You may have started experiencing the 'look what my boyfriend got me' or 'check out my early Valentine's Day gift' posted on Instagram, Facebook and all the other social media feeds but really how true are these?! You know I've heard of how people make up these stories or take the 'perfect' picture just to look good publicly.
So if you're feeling the pressure to impress the world - STOP! After impressing us all for 1 or 2 days, if it's not true, you'll go back to your real uninteresting life. If you're not sure how to spend Valentine's Day, let me help you
- Don't beat yourself up about it. Don't succumb to the pressures of one day. Just as turkey is not just for Christmas, so is love not just for Valentine's Day.
2. Love yourself! True love starts with you. You can’t expect love if you don’t know what it looks like. If you have a friend of the same sex, book a table and go out for dinner or better still cook and invite your friends over.
3. Nobody cares. Yes, I said it! For those in a relationship it’s not the day for you to let yourself loose & flaunt it to the whole world that you are going here and there!
4. Keep it to yourself! Some things can be kept to yourself. Real special moments are private. If you feel the need to show the you're in a relationship, you'll only depress yourself when you're not in a relationship because you'll feel you have to keep up appearances.
5. Express yourself! Showlove to your loved ones like your parents, children and other family members. Are you are in a relationship, or married? If you are expecting something from your significant other, I hope you are planning something too - love works best when it's both ways. For those who don't feel appreciated or special this Valentine's Day, there will be other days in the year to be treated special, don't be a Debbie downer.
That's it for now, hope this will be an encouragement for someone out there.
Don't beat your self up about not having a boyfriend or girlfriend or someone to go on a date with.
Go out with your friend (s)
Don't worry if you didn't get anything special, love is more than one day